February 04, 2011

Txus

Txus, age 1
Tarragona, Spain (1975)

I love this poor, sweet, queer girl - because back then I didn't know that life could be so hard for tender and different people. I just looked upon the world with fear. Now I know I must be brave every day to thank all the activist people who fought for me to be Free, Gay and Happy.

My message for young gay kids now is: Each and every one of you are beautiful, different and special. You have to love you as you are - young, gay and gorgeous - and always find someone at your side. You must believe in yourself and be strong to live without fear. Nobody can prevent you to love or show you how you really are.

We must keep fighting for more freedom.
I've posted some words and poetry about it here.

Txus' first, famous-person same sex crush:
Julie Andrews (in "The Sound Of Music")
And definitely in 'Victor, Victoria'!
___________________________________________________
The Sound of Music (Three-Disc 45th Anniversary Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging) Victor/Victoria The World in Us: Lesbian and Gay Poetry of the Next Wave (Stonewall Inn editions)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As someone in favor of gay equality, can I say "what if you're not born this way?" What if its caused by some environmental influence on your psychology before your old enough to remember or notice it, like say two months old. What if you're a hetero that chooses to be gay in midlife after a traumatic experience with the opposite sex? Or just because you plain ol' felt like trying something new? Should it matter whether it's innate or chosen? I mean I know its important to show that some people have been gay their whole lives just to convince people that its a normal part of human existence. But ultimately I think we should be arguing for sexual freedom in the broadest sense, that it shouldn't matter whether, as the conservatives say, its a "lifestyle choice", or innate.

Anonymous said...

i think you are right
Matteo