March 07, 2011

Mark

Mark, age 3
Springdale, AR (1984)

"Who wears short shorts???"
My sister loved to dress me up and pose me for the camera.
And I obviously didn't mind!

I don't think I ever really knew what "gay" was until I was older, but I always knew I was different.

I never liked the same things as the boys I grew up with, but I always liked the boys!

I have come to understand as an adult, that different can be fabulous! I have a wonderful, exciting life and couldn't be happier.

So don’t ever sell yourself short, and live life to its fullest!

I think this blog is a wonderful thing for LGBT kids (and adults) everywhere.

It's a mean world out there, but a blog like this is helping make it a better place - one little gay picture at a time :)

Mark's first, famous-person same sex crushes:
Kirk Cameron & He-Man
  ____________________________________________________
Growing Pains: The Complete First SeasonThe Best of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (10 Episode Collector's Edition)Growing Up Gay in the South: Race, Gender, and Journeys of the Spirit (Haworth Gay & Lesbian Studies)Queering the Moderns: poses/portraits/performances

6 comments:

Katja Nyquist said...

CUTEST picture ever!

Unknown said...

Hey! This is a very inspiring. Im thinking of sending my baby pic, too :D

FoxyReign
www.foxyreign.com

Unknown said...

That pic is so adorable, I'm about to cry!

Anonymous said...

Easily my favorite picture on the blog yet. You sir, are the epitome of fantastic.

Unknown said...

Your picture just puts a smile on my face - it's cute. Great story. Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

That is the sweetest picture ever. If I have a son, I hope I take that picture of him someday. Also, hello from NWA, Fayetteville girl here!