March 12, 2011

Sarah

Sarah, age 10
Brooklyn, WA (1996)

I'm on the left in the pic. I didn't really think of myself as being different growing up, since I aspired to be just like my brothers. I remember just wanting to be one of the boys since the beginning.


My mom used to joke about me always dressing like my brothers, often calling us her three sons.

I know my father was often lectured by his conservative Latino family for allowing me to wear boy's clothing.

However, my parents always allowed me to create my own identity.

And I am now living out and proud with the support of both my mom and dad.


Sarah's first, famous-person same sex crush:
Jennifer Connelly (in "Labyrinth")
I was 5 at the time. But I've had a thing for brunettes ever since :D
__________________________________________________
JENNIFER CONNELLY - Gorgeous AUTOGRAPH Signed 8x10 Photo Labyrinth (Anniversary Edition) LA Latin GLBT Pride Parade 2004 De Colores - Lesbian and Gay Latinos: Stories of Strength, Family and Love [VHS]

No comments: