November 09, 2011

Noah

Noah, age 4
Portland, Maine (1992)

Even though I didn't realize it until I was in my first year of college, my parents knew I was gay when I was 3-years old.

On Christmas Day of 1991, my parents got my sister a dress and got me a tuxedo.

I burst out crying when both gifts were opened, because I wanted a dress like my sister's.

They returned the tux and bought me a dress instead. And I wore that thing, and my pink jelly sandals, until they both were worn out.

As you can see, I was still wearing them both during summer 1992, as seen in my photo.

So after all the Barbie dolls, putting on my sister's clothing, and dressing up as a bride in a wedding, I finally realized I was gay 15 years later.
_____________________________________________________

Click here - "Born This Way: Real Stories of Growing Up Gay" book
Click here - "My First Gay Crush Blog"
Click to follow my blog with Bloglovin'

5 comments:

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

OMG THIS IS SOOOOOOO SUPER CUTE! THIS WAS REALLY GOLDEN. YOU ARE A JUST A YEAR OLDER THAN ME LOL

The Odd Fruit said...

This one is so adorable.

Uji, Angel Izzy, Ziggy, Angel Bean, Angel Hiro and Momma Tea said...

That is just so lovely of your folks to be so understanding and unworried about what other may have thought.
Awesome

grazatt said...

OMG that has to be one of the cutes pics I have ever seen in my life!

Anonymous said...

My love of this picture knows no bounds...