October 09, 2013

Happy Birthday, Born This Way Book!

Hey everyone,
Today is a special occasion, as October 9th marks the 1st Anniversary of the
 

I can’t believe a whole year has passed! But let’s all light some rainbow colored
candles and blow them out for the occasion! To check out some videos from our
spectacular book launch event in LA last year (featuring Frank DeCaro,
Miss Coco Peru, Jackie Beat, Patrick Bristow, Prince Poppycock,
The Lane Twins and more), click here. And book reading videos are here.

In the year that’s passed, I’ve seen my book get met with such positive,
wonderful reviews and feedback, I got to sign books with Andy Bell at
Palm Springs Pride, and found out that Lance Bass keeps my book in
his bathroom - under his 'NSync MTV Video "Moonman" award! So cool!
 
 
And I’ve been contacted by many parents who have found it to be a really
helpful tool in understanding their own gay children. And I know that it’s
reaching kids too – gay and straight alike – and that’s really all I ever wanted:
that my book could have a positive impact on their lives. And if you have
someone in your life that might be gay or questioning, give them a copy of my book.

I bet it will make them smile. :)

I would also love to hear how your friends and families reacted to seeing
you in the book (or blog), and if you might have helped to change some
closed minds with it. Always feel free to email me with your stories.

And anything you can do to keep sharing info on the book online, either on
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. or emails is always much appreciated!

I still dream about sitting down with Ellen Degeneres, Andy Cohen or Anderson Cooper
to talk about the project. Though it hasn't happened yet, I'm still trying!

In closing, I just want to send a huge thank you to everyone who has supported
my blog and book thus far. It was a dream come true to see it published, and
really appreciate each and every one of you - because this entire project
could not exist without you sharing your stories and photos with the world.

With love and gratitude -
Paul V. Vitagliano
 
__________________________________________________
Click here - "Born This Way: Real Stories of Growing Up Gay" book
Click here - "My First Gay Crush Blog"


2 comments:

Jay M. said...

Congrats! And thanks for the blog and book!

Peace <3
Jay

Leonard Clark said...

I have your blog on my live feed at my blog. Everytime, yes, everytime you add a new entry I smile. Not just because of the adorable faces that appear before me, but, because a little light shines in on who we are (and always have been). Keep it up, you are a champ, a hero (and adorable both then and now). Yours in Central America, LeonardoRicardo/Guatemala