Are you ready to share your story with us? Terrific!
To submit: Please find your photo attachment, and post your story inside the body of your email, and click djpaulv[@]sbcglobal.net to email it to me. Please put Born This Way submission as the subject.
PLEASE read ALL the info, guidelines, and suggestions listed below, BEFORE you submit.
Submissions generally go up in the order received, and I'll
reply to your email once your posting is up. Please be patient!
xo - Paul V., Blogmaster
:: REQUIRED INFO FOR YOUR SUBMISSION ::
* Your First Name
* Your Age in the photo
* The Year the photo was shot (it can be approximate)
* Your City/State in the pic (or where you spent your childhood)
Follow this example:
John, age 7
Dallas, Texas (1972)
SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT THIS INFO WILL NOT BE POSTED
KEEP STORY WORD COUNTS TO ABOUT 300!
is what really resonates. But approach what you write like a Twitter posting:
Here's some guidelines for things to include in your story:
* Short memories and description of yourself as a kid, and/or the photo
* What age you first knew you were LGBTQ, or felt "different"
* What age you had your first cognizance of a same-gender attraction or crush
* Your first, famous-person same gender crush or crushes
* What pop culture type of things excited you as a kid (film/TV/music etc.)
* Your experiences (good or bad) with parents, family, school, friends etc.
* If you were ever bullied, teased, or physically harmed for being gay
* What your coming out experience was like (good or bad)
* Any feelings you have about your picture now, as an adult
* Brief info on your life experience now (career, partner, kids or general happiness)
* Any message you'd like to give to LGBTQ kids reading your story
* What gives you the most pride now as an LGBTQ adult
And please let me say this: There is a misconception, that you have
to find a pic that "screams gay" to be considered. This.Is.Not.True!
Any self photo you choose to send, in good resolution, is perfect.
:: IMPORTANT INFORMATION ::
Your picture & story submission email constitutes that you are the owner of the picture, and it automatically becomes your consent for your photograph, likeness, and story usage on the "Born This Way" blog and its possible usage on other blogs or websites linking to this site.
The "Born This Way" blog reserves the right to publish your story and image at our discretion. We also reserve the right to use and modify submissions as standard procedure. When you submit to BornThisWayblog.com, you are granting us the right to a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, translate, adapt, publish, create derivative works from, distribute, and delete such content in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed.
THANKS! Paul V.